Do Smart TVs Have Touch Screens?: All You Should Know About The Highly-rated Smart TV
“What is a smart TV? Does Smart TV have a touch screen? Can I browse on my Smart TV? How can I update my Smart TV-Browser?”
These are some of the questions we’ve received from many people eager to know more about the latest innovation in the tech space and the TV world.
As part of our steadfast desire to serve our esteemed tech-savvy readers with juicy, quality information regarding the latest app or innovation, we have chosen to discuss Smart TVs extensively.
In this write-up, we will answer all the questions above, and we will equally share other details you should know about the eye-catching and most discussed TV set. So, be attentive as we start this business of the day.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Smart TV?
- 2 Does Smart TV Have Touch Screen?
- 3 What Brands Create Smart TV with a Touch screen?
- 4 When Will We See More Smart TVs With Touch Screens?
- 5 What Are Touch Screen Displays Best Used For?
- 6 How to Turn Smart TV Into Touch Screen?
- 7 Can You Use Apple TV With Touch Screen Displays?
- 8 Characteristics Of A Samsung Smart TV
- 9 Is It Good To Have a Touch Screen TV?
- 10 how much can I buy a touch screen TV
- 11 Does Samsung Produce Touch screen Smart TV?
- 12 Does Samsung Smart TVs Have A Camera?
- 13 How To Use Samsung TV Camera as Surveillance
What Is Smart TV?
Also referred to as a connected TV, Smart TV is a TV set that permits users to watch (stream) live videos, play songs, browse the internet, and view all kinds of photos apart from its primary function of showing local and international TV stations to the audience.
There is a distinct difference between Smart TV, Web TV, Internet TV, and IPTV.
Does Smart TV Have Touch Screen?
No! Smart TV doesn’t possess a touch screen. Though many latest digital media devices have touchscreen features, Smart TV makers such as Samsung and Sony are not thinking of integrating such attributes in their devices (at least for now).
What Brands Create Smart TV with a Touch screen?
As mentioned above, Smart TV does not contain a touch screen. Nonetheless, some brands have touch screen products that share almost the same features as Smart TV.
One of them is the LG Display Screen, which permits you to display diverse menus without connecting them to a computer system. It reads various items, such as HTML5, thereby delivering outstanding services to users.
When Will We See More Smart TVs With Touch Screens?
Though there is no specific date set for introducing Smart TV with touch screen, we can’t rule out the possibilities of seeing it later in the year.
We continue to see very fast-paced developments in the tech industry; hence, a high chance of seeing a Smart TV with a touch screen makes its debut in the TV world.
However, there is a slight contradiction in the two TVs. Smart TV can be viewed from a far distance as you can control it using a remote control.
On the other hand, touch screens need you to stay close because you have to touch the screen should there be any reason to change stations or make any amendment to its image qualities.
Nonetheless, Smart TV manufacturers shouldn’t have a problem integrating Touch screen with Smart TV. They have all it takes to develop a technology that offers both far and near viewers sharp and precise image qualities and good overall features.
What Are Touch Screen Displays Best Used For?
One of the best reasons you should have a touch screen TV includes its easy-to-use and maintain features. You don’t have to spend hours studying the user’s guide before being able to use it.
Aside from its simplicity and low maintenance cost, other reasons why you should go for a touch screen display includes the following:
• It Can Help To Improve Your Business Growth:
Touch Screen displays aren’t just created for fun and relaxation; you can utilize them to promote your business. It can serve as a self-service concierge system that provides you the opportunity to automate customer relations procedures.
Is there any information or menu you wish to display to your customers? A touch screen TV can do that for you without any problem. Please place it in a strategic place where everyone will easily view it.
•It Can Serve As Input Device:
Your touch screen TV can type and save any text or important information. Type your message by touching the letters on the screen.
With this lovely TV, it isn’t compulsory to put much hardware, including cashier’s booths and checkout booths, in your tight shop
It serves as a designing tool:
A touch screen TV can be deployed as a designing tool by a professional graphic designer or other related professions.
As a designer who requires top-notch accuracy when designing visuals, a touch screen is highly recommended because it consists of a compatible stylus that will help you develop incredible hand-drawn and manually colored designs.
Architects can equally use it for their architectural designs and structures because they can sketch on the screen just as they would do to a plain sheet. Combining your hand’s accuracy and digital precision will no doubt bring the desired result.
There are touchscreen TVs that can create a beautiful design, and one of them is the Wacom Cintiq Prohybrid LCD tablet created by…
How to Turn Smart TV Into Touch Screen?
You can turn your Smart TV into a touch screen, but you need to be conversant with every bit of your smart TV.
It means you must be technically sound to carry out the required procedures because Touch screen TV largely depends on hardware connections.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to convert your Smart TV to a Touch screen display.
- Step 1: Install Touchjet Wave Virtual touch screen to your Smart TV via the HDMI port. The Touchjet Wave is an attachment you put on your TV’s screen, allowing it to read and interpret commands given via your hands or fingers.
- Step 2: Ensure the installation is done accordingly. You can now control your Smart TV with your hand because you’ve successfully converted it to a new Touch screen TV.
You must know that most of the Smart TV’s initial features won’t function anymore because they’ve been replaced by the newly installed Touchjet Wave Virtual’s system.
Can You Use Apple TV With Touch Screen Displays?
No. Apple TV doesn’t work with touch screen displays because its operating system doesn’t possess the ability to read and respond to commands given through gestures.
Just like Apple TV, other digital media boxes can’t function alongside touch screen TV due to the same reason.
Characteristics Of A Samsung Smart TV
- Speedy and easy user-friendly interface: Here is one of the first must-have features to look out for when purchasing a Samsung Smart TV is. A Samsung Smart TV has a very speedy interface that answers fast switch from one app and functions to the other
- Impressive 4K UHD streaming video services: Samsung Smart TV isn’t just fast and speedy; it possesses a very impressive and quality video service that allows users to watch live radio and play live music
- Online Music Streaming Feature: with your Samsung Smart TV, you can listen to various genres and lengths of music. If your TV didn’t come with in-built music streaming app, you could easily download and install it from the app store
- Media Player: Samsung Smart TV is also known for its ability to display photos on its large screen. It supports top-rated media players and service such as players, thereby providing you with the best media player platforms.
- Game Support: Samsung Smart TV is not only for browsing photos and playing songs; it equally supports games. It consists of them out, and it allows you to access sports games such as PlayStation, albeit on a streaming version.
- File-sharing Ability: You can transfer files and applications from your smartphone to your Samsung Smart TV without player or difficulties. This feature is also known as Swipe, Share, or flinging, and it ensures you can quickly transfer smartphone apps and files to your TV
- Responsive App Store: With your Samsung Smart TV, you can be sure of how many on the night access to the app store where you can upgrade our dated TV applications or download your compatible app
Is It Good To Have a Touch Screen TV?
The introduction of smart TV and the overall advancement in science and technology is to ensure you can give a command without changing your seat or location.
Having a touch screen TV will improve the overall quality and importance of your Smart TV, so it is thoughtful and advisable for a smart TV to have a touchscreen.
However, adding this feature to your small smart TV surely make the products more expensive and unaffordable for many low-salary earners.
Meanwhile, it won’t be a wrong move if you have the financial capacity to add a touch screen feature to your Smart TV as it promises more fun and enjoyment.
how much can I buy a touch screen TV
they are different sizes and types of touch screen TV and each has a unique price tag a 65-inch touch screen TV ranges from $1600 to $1800,
while a small-sized TV screen could cost up to $200 it all depends on your choice and taste,
in a nutshell, you should budget at least $200 for a small-sized touch screen TV and close to $2000 for the giant touch screen TV whenever you are set to get yours
Does Samsung Produce Touch screen Smart TV?
Samsung is one of the best Smart TV producers globally; however, they are yet to come up with a touchscreen Smart TV.
However, considering the advancement in technology, it won’t be out of place to suggest the brand is working towards that direction.
Does Samsung Smart TVs Have A Camera?
Samsung Smart TV consists of an in-built camera that can perform various purposes, capture watcher’s face. It might be impossible to use it unless you extend the TV camera if you are conversant with your TV’s technical aspect.
You can click here to see the step-by-step guideline on how to extend your Samsung Smart TV camera.
Alternatively, you can hire the services of an experienced installer to help you carry out the extension process.
How To Use Samsung TV Camera as Surveillance
Samsung Smart TV camera can be deployed as surveillance because it possesses a bug that permits hackers the opportunity to activate the in-built webcam.
Once the webcam is activated, it can be used to spy on anyone watching the TV in the living room.
Am a Professional App Developer with 5 years experience, am also a Tech Author and Writer, I also spend my whole day either writing a script or writing an interest article about our tech world.
I love to talk about technology that has to do with Windows and Mac OS, Software and Mobile Apps as I understand That users now want to enjoy their favorite apps on their PC